Thursday, August 7, 2008

Can I Do Enough

Confession time. I spent I do not know how many years dreading the idea of the coming Lord. Saying "Maranatha" - "come Lord Jesus" seemed crazy to me. The song There's A Great Day Coming always gave me more pause because of the verse "There's A Sad Day Coming." Seeing Jesus was never a comforting thought to me. My sister and I used to think that you could do anything in the day because Jesus did not arrive until night, like a thief. Only night time needed repentance. Sad...
God planned from before creation for Jesus to arrive in this world to take away our sins (Matt. 1:21). Jesus himself counted it an honor to sacrifice his relationship with the Father in order to come here and die for our sins (Philippians 2:3ff). Jesus obediently obeyed the Father and suffered so that we could live (Hebrews 5:8-10). Jesus offered himself up ONCE FOR ALL (check the phrase in the book of Hebrews) and made atonement for the whole world (1 John 2:2). Jesus DID IT ALL, there is no more to do. Can I do enough, never. Will I be good enough, never. Will I know enough, never. Will I love enough, not hardly. Jesus did it all for me...all he asked is my faith...I cannot wait to see Him. Come Lord Jesus!

No comments: