Tuesday, October 21, 2008

8 Blue Eyes

Four or five years ago it happened in a Suburban I was driving. I pulled into a MacDonalds on a whim. I thought the guys with me would like it. I hadn't pre-announced
the decision, I just did it. As I pulled in I looked in my rear view
mirror and what I saw were 8 blues eyes staring right back at me full
of hope, promise, excitement, surprise...4 grandsons all expecting more
driving, more sitting, more waiting and all of a sudden - MACDONALDS -
KIDS MEALS - PLAY GROUND - SPRITE - COKE - APPLE PIES - ICE CREAM-
FRENCH FRIES....they knew that with grandpa the emphasis (this moment)
would not be bad ingredients - too much sugar - bone killing
carbonation - fear of hyper activity - grease and quick death - BLUE
EYES said it all - "WE ARE EXPECTING THE BEST!" They got it...
Walk by faith - set eyes on Christ - expect the best - God is in charge!

No comments: