Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Mule Deer?

Here is a picture of my "Mule" deer. It is a little hard to tell from the picture but this Muley has a Whitetail rack. He is a long eared, gray bodied, white caboosed normal Muley except for his rack. Right before he was down he was walking parallel to me 175 yards away and I thought then he must be a Whitetail. But after a closer inspection he was both. Taken with the Ruger M77 in 270 cal - Leopold VXII scope. I was hunting on a ranch NW of Amarillo with a good friend who was friendly enough to invite me. I hope you enjoy looking as much as I did. I saw this buck jump the fence on the horizon (5oo yards away) at 7AM. It took him two hours to get within range because he laid down twice and was content to rest for an hour each time. He was coming from a pivot where he had been eating alfalfa. Foree

No comments: